Just Add Water!
Mortar Mix Type S is a preblended mixture of sand and masonry cement or sand, lime and portland cement. For laying brick, block and stone in load bearing walls and below grade applications. Mortar Mix Type S is used to build walls, planters, and chimneys, and for tuck pointing or repairing existing mortar joints. It can also be used for scratch coat, brown coat, and finish of walls.
- High Strength >1,800 psi
- Meets property requirements of ASTM C1714 and ASTM C270
- Ideal for projects requiring structural strength for brick and block foundations.
- Applications from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch
- Can be color pigmented with the Sakrete Cement Colors
- Laying brick or block
- Scratch and brown coat in stucco applications
- Above grade and below grade applications
- Masonry parge or finish coating
- Interior or exterior
- Brick and block tuck pointing